Thursday, August 2, 2012

Mighty Monstromurk Menace


For those that don't know (I sure didn't till my cousin asked us to join her team)..the Color Run is the "Happiest 5K on the Planet". Basically it's a 5k "fun run" (not timed) and throughout the course there are color stations where you get attacked by powdered color. Good times right?

The morning was off to a somber start since it was raining the whole ride to Amesbury Sports Park (mental note..must return to Zorb soon!).  It pretty much rained the whole ride, the whole shuttle bus drive, and most of the time we were waiting to start. Luckily, the rain subsided just before the waves started going and the run was rain free. On the downside, the humidity kicked in, but it wasn't unbearable.



The course was fairly easy (except for a few hill) and most of it was on streets lined with pretty houses or bordered by the river. There were some spectators throughout, and a good mix of people walking, running, wagging, and wunning. 

I was slightly disappointed by the color stations. I was not a fan of how in order to get color on you you had to stop running and basically walk slowly through the station so that they could get color on you. After the first station (yellow) I think I had just a few splatters of color. So disappointing.  By the end I was a bit more colorful, but my knees were killing me!! I do not do well with running then walking then running again. It just doesn't agree with me.



The finish line was anticlimactic as well, I'm thinking because the race was timed.  Every 10 minutes or so all the racers that had finished gathered together for a color explosion if you will. This is where the real color fun kicked in.


Overall the race was pretty fun. Melissa and I ran with our cousin and her hubby, and our friend Maureen and her friend. We were also there with a whole group of Melissa's friends, but since they had kids they walked most of the way so we didn't see them until the end. I definitely want to do the race again next year, and bring Jackson. He's a pretty good runner and I think he'd have fun with all the color.


No comments:

Post a Comment