The fabric I had chosen was this:
Thanks to me receiving the wrong fabric the first time my order was shipped, and the fabric company moving locations, this baby was a long time coming. I was so happy when it arrived last week (and even happier that the lovely customer service lady gave me an extra 1/2 yard for all my order troubles) and couldn't wait to get down to freshening up the bench. But alas, I didn't get to this project till about 8pm Sunday night thanks to the craziness of this past weekend.
Reupholstering things like this are so easy. I just flipped the bench cushion over and removed all the staples from my previous fabric that was on there. It was a dark grayish brown. I think when I originally decorated the condo I wanted to live in a cave. Actually, it was like January so I was probably going for warm and cozy. I digress. I took the old fabric off and measured out how much of my new fabric I needed. I ironed it and then cut to size. I laid the fabric out on the floor and then put the cushion on over it. Pulled the fabric taught and then stapled away.
I realized that I should have taken before pictures, but honestly, I was so tired and Jackson kept asking for fruit so I just decided to take a few pictures when I was done. Viola!!
|From Two Crafty Housewives|
Or maybe just some hooks like this:
|From the chic line|