Friday, November 16, 2012

chili chilly!!


I couldn't think of a super fun and witty post title today, so I'll just kept it real. It's chilly out..and I made chili. We had a chili cook-off today at work, I'll spare you the details..I did not win. sads.

What a week! I feel like I keep saying that, but this time I REALLY mean it.  Without getting into too many details, this week I had to do my least favorite part of being in HR, and we'll leave it at that.  Or maybe not, because of said thing I had to do, the beginning of the week was spent prepping, the middle and end of the week was spent drinking. Obviously, crafting time is limited in these situations.

I was however able to tackle a new project, sort of.  A few weeks ago I had read on a blog (honestly, if I remembered which one I would totally link to it but I have no clue) about this lovely thing called a knitting loom. Now, I can knit. Not super well, but I can hold my own with small items such as a pot holder or a scarf for a puppy, so I was intrigued by said loom.  That weekend during a trip to Jo-Anns' to procure materials for Baby Peaches nursery, I found the looms and was checking them out.  I had a 40% off coupon so I went for it.  I ended up with the Knifty Knitted loom kit. I really wanted to try making a hat and that's why I went with this kit. Specifically a baby/kids hat.  Not only till after I purchased the looms did it click that I had a 40% off coupon and I could have totally justified spending the $44 on the Martha Stewart kit since it would have only been about $20, but whatever. You snooze you lose.

Here's my kit:

here's the Martha one that I still wish I had...it's just pretty and you can do more with it..


So on Sunday night I decided to start my baby hat. I opened up my kit and read the directions, which directed me to use the blue circle loom. Apparently  the blue circle loom was not in my kit...instead I had a big red one. hmph. So, then I decided to try a scarf. The directions in this kit are AWFUL!! Many must know this because there are more than enough YouTube videos out there with real instructions. Once I watched the video I was good to go.


So far so good. I like that you don't have to worry about losing count and having to unravel rows and rows because you thought you counted to 45 but it was actually 47 and now your scarf is all wonky. wait. or is that just me? The only bad thing I guess is that you have to pay attention. It's not like real knitting where you can do you thing while watching TV.  You can listen to TV and look up every once in a while, but it's not the same.  I'm going to try to finish the scarf this weekend and then start an adult hat. If I can figure that one out I'll go out and purchase the Martha Stewart Kit  small blue loom and get my baby hat on.



We don't have ANY plans this weekend which I am THANKFUL for (ha! add that to my challenge).  I plan on cleaning, food shopping, and finishing up some more crafts/house projects.  I hope you all have a fun relaxing weekend! You need one of those every once in a while.

Oh, and I'm also thankful for this :) (counts toward my challenge too!)



little sig

1 comment:

  1. One thing I have realized as an adult is that bad weeks are always the one's that feel the longest.... Keep that chin up and make sure you take a little you time this weekend!

    xo
    Natalie
    dishesrunwaysandbriefcases.blogspot.com

    When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.--Albert Einstein

    ReplyDelete