Friday, February 15, 2013

to my sister...

Dear Liss,


I don’t know where to begin. I am in awe of you.  The closest thing I can come to describing it is to get down on my knees and give you a few “I’m not worthy” ala Wayne’s World.  Seriously.  I am amazed.

I told everyone that I talked to or texted with the other day that you were a rock star. That’s the best way to describe it. Throughout your whole pregnancy you have been calm, cool, and collected, and that pretty much sums up how you were throughout your labor and delivery.

Thank you. Thank you for letting me be a part of your pregnancy, asking for advice, shopping together, and getting excited for her arrival.  Thank you, for having J call me on Monday telling me “Melissa wants you here.”  Thank you for trying to play it cool at 5:41 am on Tuesday and when I asked you what you wanted me to do about coming in to see you at the hospital, you replied “Nothing yet”. Though I’m sure you must have known that we’d all be on our way soon.  But most of all, thank you for letting me be present for and a part of what I can only describe as one of the most truly amazing things that one can experience in this life, the welcoming of a new one.

I am still so amazed by it all, by you, by how it all happened.  You would think that I had never had any kids of my own. But it meant more to me than you’ll ever know, to not only be able to be there for you during your delivery, but to experience something that I didn’t get with the birth of my own kids.

Thank you.

I am so proud of you, and so proud to call you my sister. You are an amazing woman, daughter, wife, sister, aunt, and now mother.

You are a rock star.

well, in this case you are a duck, but that's pretty much the same thing right?


XOXO



siggy

1 comment:

  1. omg this just gave me chills and brought tears to my eyes. sisters are pretty amazing. :)

    xo
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete