Thursday, December 19, 2013

My 5 Favorite Christmas Songs....some of which are not about Christmas at all

One of the best things about this time of year is the music. Here are my 5 most favorite songs, some of which have nothing to do with Christmas at all.


5. Never is a Promise-Fiona Apple
I know right? Such a great holiday song. I don't know why, but it just reminds me of winter. Maybe it's the video, I dunno. Regardless, it's on my spotify Holiday playlist



4.  Last Christmas-Glee
Yes, that's right. Glee. I do love the Wham version, but the Glee one is my favorite. Though my heart does break a little when I think of Rachel & Finn singing together amongst the Christmas Trees.



3. Where Are You Christmas-Faith Hill, kid from the Grinch
Wow, okay, my holiday song list is a bit depressing. I'll make this a tie.


3 take 2. The Waitresses: Christmas Wrapping
At least this one has a happy ending.




2. Long December-Counting Crows
Another song that has NOTHING to do with Christmas, other than the fact that it's about the month of December. Again, just a wintery song that makes me think of this time of year.



1. All I Want for Christmas-Mariah Carey
There is no justification needed for this song. It is by far the best holiday song ever and as far as I'm concerned the Christmas season does not officially start till I hear this played on the radio.



This post is inspired by MamaKat's Pretty Much World Famous Writing Prompts. Check em out!


Mama’s Losin’ It

 photo sig13_zps3dac127e.jpg

2 comments: