Friday, January 3, 2014

Project Life 2014

Have you guys heard of this? Project Life? It's this really cool spin on scrap booking, and you can do it with an album that you can buy at craft stores with all the cool paper goods and templates or you can do it digitally. Though trust me, a visit to AC Moore and I came across all the Project Life products and it was derfinitey a struggle. There was a legit "okay, step away from the display, just back up slowly and everything will be okay" moment.  I have a serious love of paper goods and printables (and they are all so pretty!!) and all that so this was hard to walk away from all of that. But, I'm really trying to simplify and purge and teh last thing I need is more paper stuff to take up room that I don't have, so I'm going digital.

"The idea is simple: Photos + memorabilia + journaling together in an album - everything slips into pockets. No requirement to cut or glue or embellish a thing."





And it gets even easier if you decide to do this on your computer (in my opinion). So, while I'm not announcing this as a resolution, I thought it would be fun to take my yearly photo album project and step it up a notch. So, for 2014, every week I'll be creating a page (or most likely 2). It may be full of pictures, or maybe just a few with some journal notes, but I'm hoping it will give us a fun look back on the year. I'm also hoping that it will help our annual album not be all about the kids. I'm pretty sure 2010-2012 don't have any pictures of me and Mike in them. Yikes!!!

I'm pretty excited about this, and if you you were once a scrap booker in a former life (aka before kids) this may be right up your ally too, so definitely check out the site, and the digital products.  You can even get some freebies to download to get started!!! Becky Higgins (the creator) also offers some pretty cool classes, so I'd check those out too.

Oh, and if you do decide to use the product, let me know and link up so we can help each other stay on track!!!





 photo sig13_zps3dac127e.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment