Monday, February 10, 2014

Eating Real week 3 & 4!

Oh, hi! Remember me? Yeah...unintentional blog break. But let's just get moving right along shall we?
So Week 3 of Eating Real was all about meat. And if you recall, I was super excited because this week coincided with my first ever delivery from Walden Local Meats.

I was way to excited for my delivery. Like couldn't wait to get home. The meats had arrived in a reusable insulated bag and were all labeled accordingly. The nicest touch was the recipe book for members. Each shipment they include recipes to help you with planning on how to use your delivery.

photo credit: rosecolleran.com

So far I've only made one of my favorite pot roasts. This week it will be beef stew. Next week sausages peppers and potatoes. And I heard from the girl that works there that the meatball recipe in the book  is amazing, so we'll try that too. Pretty bummed there wasn't any chicken in this shipment but maybe next time.
The other bummer is they slightly messed up my order. They sent out a survey a week or so before delivery to ask if there were any special items we wanted. They were offering additional ground beef, bones for soup, and their home made rub. I ordered the additional beef and the rub, but ended up getting bones for soup. womp womp. I emailed them the next day and they were super great about it, so I"m really looking forward to my next order since they are "going to take care of me" this month :)

So this week, which will now be week 4 since I got off track there for a bit is a bit of a challenge.

Luckily, I had planned on making home made pizza this week, so we can avoid the extra oil and french fries we usually order with that. However, this Saturday is a big night out (comedy show and dinner with my sister and brother in law) and I have a feeling I'll have a harder time avoiding those, but I'll try!




this most likely will be me saturday. don't judge.
 photo sig13_zps3dac127e.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment