Thursday, February 28, 2013

frame of mind

You may or may not recall my very sad, very dark living room. Here, I shall remind you.



For a while I've been trying to decide what to put on the wall where the couch and kids corner is. The picture there now is a bit dark for the room, and I REALLY wanted to move it to the nook where our dining table is. My original plan was to get a nice big mirror and open up the space. I was concerned that it would just reflect our huge tv, and now that the couch is no longer centered on that wall, I didn't like having just one big item there.

I have a decent amount of pictured hanging in the living room, and it got me thinking that maybe I should try a gallery wall.  This ignited many texts between Kelly and I on whether or not I should do it. I finally decided to bite the bullet and at the very least make the templates for all the pictures and start taping them up to see what I liked.  I literally had like 20 pictures and texts to Kelly showing her my different layouts..all which I of course deleted. Luckily this one from instagram is still around.

I'm pretty sure she was really excited about what I was doing..just really tired from her day at Chuck E Cheese.

It didn't take too long once I figured out where to hang the big pieces,then I basically built around them.  Are they all perfectly level right now? heck no. My biggest fear with hanging all of these on that wall is that my kids jump on the couch. I didn't want the pictures too low where they could touch them, and I sort of knew any chance of them all remaining level was slim to none, but overall I'm really happy with it.


I swear..it's not crooked..it's my awesome photog skills.
oh dear...i so need/want a new couch. BAD.
just to show you the other wall, and how i have earned my wife of the year award by hanging that picture


Having all the pictures on one wall like that really opens up the room. I also took down teh floating shelves because it was making that side of the room seem heavy. Oh, and I like NEED to paint in there. Seriously. I may just buy paint and start painting so that Mike can't say anything and he'll just have to help me. Torn between a light grey or a greyish beige. help!  I also want to rehang my curtains so that it makes the slider look centered on that wall.  And I'm toying with the idea of hanging something on either side of the slider...maybe framed kid art, or something like this.

I also want to get two wall vases for the right of the TV. I think it will balance out hat wall, and bring a little femininity to the wall now that Mr. Ali is there.

So check this one off my to do list! living room pictures have been uploaded and post published. booyah!


Also, just a friendly reminder to please head on over and like my facebook page. I'm getting lonely over there :(

siggy

1 comment:

  1. definitely go with grey and hanging the curtain rod to center the slider is a great idea!!! I love the picture collage and want to do something similar in my upstairs hallway. can't wait to see what else you do!

    xo
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete