Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Bubble

I mentioned a while back about how when I was in college I had this amazing professor that basically burst my bubble. By bubble I mean my little world that I live in where everything is all sunshine and roses and the problems going on in my life are the end all be all. We all have one of these bubbles.  For a few years in school I was all eyes wide open and way more aware of what was going on in the world than I had ever been.

The bubble came back as I got further and further away from those years in college.  It got bigger as my life grew and changed, but it was still my bubble. That feeling of "that would never happen here" when tragedy strikes. Even when it's been close to us, but always just far enough away that my bubble stayed in tact.

What happened yesterday burst my bubble. It happened. It happened here. It happened too close. It happened to people I know in one way or another. It is real. And it is scary.

I am, like many, mourning for the victims of yesterdays tragedy, trying to wrap my head around all of this...I don't have much else to say today. Just hug your loved ones a little longer and a little tighter today.


 photo sig13_zps3dac127e.jpg

1 comment:

  1. isn't it so scary to know that these things can happen to us?? Heart broken over here too.

    ReplyDelete